Monday 15 March 2010

Seascape Polaroid Transfer

I enjoy the actual procedure of creating thes polaroid transfers. It is a tactile, hands on and unique process. The polaroid itself is a one off and there's absolutely no way that you could get two transfers to sit on the chosen surface with any intentionality, given the incredible number of variables. I particularly like the white mark in the bottom centre of the image, I've no idea how or why it happened.

These polaroid transfers are a little too 'style over content' but I have hope that the process can be used to make a series of work that I will hopefully publish very soon.....

1 comment:

  1. Who needs content when you've got style!? Have you ever got into the transferring the negative part as opposed to making emulsion lifts? I rinsed a few packs of blagged out of date passport stock a couple of years ago trying this with limited success but this one worked quite well. . . http://www.flickr.com/photos/warnold/4477467628/

    ReplyDelete